Exiled Sins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tank Incentive Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Tank Incentive Discussion Empty Tank Incentive Discussion

Post by SpectralSins Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Hey guys,

I know many of you have been in a clan chat that, at one point or another, has had no one available to tank. The tank is by far the most influential member in a bandos or zamorak boss trip, yet, there isn't much of a reason to want to tank. Sure, you get a steam battlestaff or bandos boots, but is that really enough? The number of tanks in general is a clear reflection of this in my opinion. There is not enough of a reason to want to tank. For this reason, I am asking you guys, the community, to help me brainstorm ways that we can improve this and moreover, get more tanks. If we have more tanks, that means the following: 1) More trips for YOU  2) Less stress on people who tank 24/7  3) More fun for everybody.

So far, here are some things I have come up with:
- Tanks get to keep all of a certain item of their choice from a trip (limps, wines of zamorak, adamant arrows,                   etc...)
- Tanks get a slight percentage more of the boss drop (Idea courtesy of D Y Z)
- Create a page similar to the loot totals to honor people for tanking trips

These are just some of the many ways we can improve the community. Please leave a comment if you have any ideas or suggestions to add to this post. Again, these are all subject to a vote/overall opinion of the community, but I think it is important to create an incentive to tank trips.

Thanks in advance,

- Michael (SpectralSins)
SpectralSins
SpectralSins
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

Back to top Go down

Tank Incentive Discussion Empty Re: Tank Incentive Discussion

Post by Syndaar Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:50 pm

I think that taking a % of the total gold after a trip for the tank would be good, and then split it.

So for example if you get a Zammy spear drop plus a bit of coins from drops, lets say you have 8m total to split between 3 people. I think 3% of the total would be good to give to the tank, and then you split it. So in this situation the tank would get 240k, and then you split the 7.76m between the rest of the people.

Also, I think that having a "tanking points" system would be a great incentive for people to be a tank. You could get a point every time you go on a trip, and get rewards or something of that sort at certain milestones.. 10, 25, 50, 100.. Unfortunately I can't think of any rewards right now but even if it was just an honorary system or title or spot in a forum post like the sharing of loots it would be better than nothing. Or maybe at certain milestones you could get trust points or something.

Another idea is that the non-tankers should pitch in and each give the tanker 1-2 brews or restores for the trip.
Syndaar
Syndaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysian Sins Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:49 pm

All very well thought out ideas, I would love to implement one or more of these for the tanks, I will definitely be making an Honorary Tank Title for a forums badge that goes to those who do tank quite often and earn those tank points. Thanks for the great ideas boys.
Elysian Sins
Elysian Sins
Owner
Owner

http://exiled.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by D I N G O Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:42 am

well m8s, when i get enough moneys i can tank. only really had bandos exp tanking tho
D I N G O

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down