Exiled Sins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zamorak Tank Guide [Work in Progress}

Go down

Zamorak Tank Guide [Work in Progress} Empty Zamorak Tank Guide [Work in Progress}

Post by SpectralSins Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:52 am

Hey guys, this guide is going to encompass the many aspects of tanking Zammy, as well as showing people how to tank with range (my specialty)!

Part I - The Boss

Knowing the ins and outs of a boss is very important to understanding what should be done in the boss room itself, so first lets take a look at what zammy is all about.

K'ril Tsutsaroth LVL 650

Has 3 Unique Attacks
  - Melee: Maxes at 60
  - Mage: Maxes at 30
  - Special Attack (Magic based): Maxes at 49

Poisons (Hits 16)

Range and Melee Viable

Minions

Zakli'n Gritch - Ranged minion; most deadly in my opinion, however, due to high ranged def armor, not as dangerous as the mager.

Balfurg Kreeyath - Mage Minion; most deadly minion for meleers, as they lack mage defense, especially in guthans.

Tstanon Karlak - Melee Minion; least dangerous of all the minions, prioritize pray for the more deadly minions.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

If you lack mage defence, and both the mage and range are on you: pray magic.

If you lack ranged defence, and both the mager and ranger are on you: pray ranged.

In team situations, always help the person with more than one minion on them; neutralize the minion they are not praying against, then deal with your minion.

In all situations, pray against damage, and neutralize what you are not praying against, this will minimize damage dealt to you.

Part II - The Setup

The best comes first, so here is the range setup!

Ranged Tank

Helm: Serpentine Helm/Armadyl Helm/Veracs Helm   *Slayer Helm if on task
Chest: Armadyl Chestplate/ Karils Top/ God D'hide
Legs: Armadyl Chainskirt/ Karils Skirt/ God D'hide
Boots: Bandos/Infinty/Rangers/Holy Sandals (Boots are preference, I like the range def on bandos boots)
Shield: Spectral/Odium/DFS/Crystal (i)
Weapon: ACB/RCB
Neck: Fury/Glory
Ring: Archer/Ring of the Gods/Ring of Life  (I don''t like ROL because you can eat out of most situations)
Cape: Ava's Accumulator

Switches

- Toxic Blowpipe (for minions)
- Saradomin Godsword
- Guthans (not my 1st pick because it takes up a lot of inventory space)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Melee Tank

Helm: Serpentine Helm/Guthans Helm/Veracs Helm   *Slayer Helm if on task
Chest: Karils top/ God D'hide
Legs: Karils Skirt/ God D'hide
Boots: Bandos/Dragon Boots
Shield: Spectral/DFS/Crystal (i)
Weapon: Abyssal Tentacle/Whip OR Zamorakian Hasta
Neck: Fury/Glory
Ring: Warrior Ring (if whip setup) OR Treasonous ring (if Z Hasta)
Cape: Firecape/Ardy Cloak
Switches

-Guthans
-Saradomin Godsword

____________________________________________________________________________________

Range Attacker

Last edited by SpectralSins on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpectralSins
SpectralSins
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

Back to top Go down