Exiled Sins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syndaar's Bandos Guide

Go down

Syndaar's Bandos Guide Empty Syndaar's Bandos Guide

Post by Syndaar Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:51 am

This guide will focus on tactics and gear/inventory setups for tanking Bandos, but there is a section for attacking as well.

General Tips

Bandos is a relatively simple boss. Like every other boss at GWD, there are 3 minions. Each minion uses one of the three attack styles and there is 1 boss. In Bandos, the ranged minion has a max hit of 21 and the melee and mage have a max hit of 16.

The mage minion shoots a yellow projectile.

The ranged minion throws axes.

The melee minion has a mace.

Once the boss dies, the minions will all choose to hit one person. If this person is you, and if the mage minion is still alive, you will want to pray mage because he will hit more often than the ranger because your magic defense bonuses will be lower. After the mage minion is dead, you want to pray range because he has a higher max hit than the melee minion. If you are using Guthan's to help yourself heal, use it mainly on the range and mage minion. The melee has higher defense and you will hit him less often with Guthan's. (Guthan's has low accuracy)

Tankers pray Melee and Piety(do not flick Piety), and attackers pray Ranged and Piety(flick Piety).

Tank Section

Stats: For tanking you want high defense and attack. 85+ for both is my personal recommendation. Other than that, having mid to high 80's for the rest of the combat stats is plenty.

Tips for tanking

• The main purpose of your gear while tanking is going to be to maximize your ranged defense bonus while having a decently high prayer bonus and stab accuracy in order to land Guthan's hits.
  • Graardor has a max hit of 35 with his range, and the minions won't attack you while you're not attacking the boss. This means that when you're using Guthan's on the mage minion the max amount of damage you can get hit for is 35.
  • Before every kill, take 1 sip of brew at full health to heal over your max and then take 1 sip of super restore. This will allow you to be at a higher health amount and will ultimately end up resulting in you using less food because you're less likely to drop to an amount of hitpoints that justifies eating a +22 food or drinking brews rather than eating peaches and healing with Guthan's.
  • Use defensive style throughout the entire length of the trip. (Except for spec weapons)
  • If you fall to 60 hp, start to heal on the mage minion with Guthan's. Never use high healing food to heal initially*. Save food and brews for when you are falling below 50 hp. This will allow the trip to go on for much longer because you're not hogging all of the food.
  • Step under Graardor every ~2 whip/hasta attacks when you are not healing on the mage minion. Don't stay under too long or else the boss will switch aggro.

*If you have peaches, you can sparingly use them around 50-60 health in conjunction with Guthan's healing in order to negate the need for using a bigger piece of food or a brew when tanking an initial 35 + minion hit combo.

Tanking Gear

• Guthan's armor set
  • Dragonfire Shield > Crystal Shield (i)
  • Zamorakian Hasta (if you bring this you don't need a Zammy switch) or Abyssal Tentacle. I prefer Hasta for the prayer bonus and defensive bonus.
  • Fire cape
  • Bandos boots
  • Treasonous ring (i) if bringing hasta, warrior ring (i) if whip.
  • Amulet of Fury
  • Barrows Gloves
  • Spec weapon: Saradomin Godsword > Bandos Godsword

Tanking Inventory

• Hammer
  • Bones to Peaches
  • ~10 brews
  • ~8 restores
  • 2 Trollheim tabs. Tab to go to Trollheim, then revert the second back to a house tab.
  • ~5 pieces of food. I like to bring tuna potatoes.
  • While gearing up, wear an item in your main-hand and off-hand (instead of wearing a 2H weapon) because you're dropping your hammer after you enter the door and this equates to 1 extra inventory space.

If you are maxed melee or 99 def + hp, feel free to bring 2-3 super combat potions in place of brews.

Syndaar's Bandos Guide JfF9vjf

Attacker Section

Stats: Attackers want very high Attack and Strength, with moderately high defense. A high magic level helps as well because you're mainly taking magic damage from the minion.

Tips for attacking

• If you bring Tassets and Zammy D'hide Body, you don't need any switches.
  • Don't forget to flick Piety. This will save you so many restores and will allow your trip to go on for much longer.
  • Attacking is pretty easy, but you can still get combo'd pretty hard by the melee and mage minion. We're going to be gearing to maximize dps while minimizing the mage minion's accuracy.

Attacking Gear

• Abyssal Tentacle + Dragon Defender
  • Spec weapon: Crystal Halberd > Armadyl Godsword > Saradomin Godsword > Bandos Godsword
  • Warrior Helm > Serp Helm > Helm of Neitiznot
  • Warrior Ring (i) > Berserker Ring (i)
  • BCP (with 90+ magic) > Zamorak D'hide Body > Karils leathertop (Karils is stronger in a duo - it gives +15 more magic defense - but you will need a Zammy switch.)
  • Bandos tassets > Veracs plateskirt
  • Amulet of Fury
  • Fire cape
  • Barrows Gloves
  • Dragon Boots

Attacking Inventory

• Spec Weapon
  • Guthan's set
  • 5 Super combat potions
  • 1-3 Brews
  • ~7 Super restores
  • Hammer
  • Bones to Peaches tabs
  • 2 Trollheim tabs. Tab to go to Trollheim, then revert the second back to a house tab.
  • Alchs/Explorer's Ring 4 (saves an inventory space)
  • The rest should be +22 food.

Good luck.
Syndaar
Syndaar

Back to top Go down